Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Raspberry-Lemon Twist

Last Friday I made a birthday cake for G. He always requests raspberry cake ~ my own recipe that I have never been particularly fond of. So this year, I decided to liven it up by giving it a lemon-rasberry twist. It has now won a place in my keeper file.

It's not from scratch, I took some short cuts.
Lemon cake box mix

raspberries stirred in

Raspberry jam between the layers and vanilla frosting tinted a soft pastel yellow instead of lemon (to add sweetness instead of more tartness).

There's one piece left. Maybe he'll share.

3 comments:

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Looks like a picture from Bon Apetite mag!
I made strawberry shortcake for the family last night -- does that count? :)
Its strawberry season here BIG TIME so we're enjoying the berries while they're fresh and local...
Pretty cake, girlie!
Ruth

Amy said...

I'll give you a brownie for a leetle sliver of this yummy cake:) looks so good ann! and yes try those brownies;) you won't be able to eat just one! xo Happy birthday!

Diane Mars said...

What a beautiful Cake! Yummy
Hugs, Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...