Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rust My Style!

(In my most operettic voice)...taaa-daaaaa! So maybe these don't actually deserve all the fanfare, but I've seriously tried to get them finished and posted for soooo long! I've been creating things from rusty wire, and these are the first two I have ready to show you. A crown made from rusty wire and a crusty wire bird's nest/stand.

"Queen of Rust" is a crown topped with a finial, wherein resides a 1920's flapper girl.




"Bird on a Wire" features an embellished bird wearing a rusty crown topped with a sea blue-green Swarovski crystal.

The stand sports a blue egg cradled in wire and a curled wire "nest".

They are listed in my online boutique, and can be viewed in greater detail by clicking here.

I would like to take a moment to mention my late father-in-law, who went to heaven Friday, May 29. He knew where he was going, and went peacefully. A very funny man with a kind and gentle spirit, he will be greatly missed. I'll always be grateful to him for raising the wonderful man that is my husband. Here's to you Jewell ~ I'll see you again.

6 comments:

The Attic Girls said...

May you cherish the memories of your late father in law. What a blessing to go as he did, peacefully. I am thrilled to be the proud new owner of your art. Thank you for listing it. I will treasure it.
xoxo
-N

Amy said...

oh ann sending love and prayers to you and your family. I'm sorry.

and figures nance beat me to those beautiful "original" creations! Love the one with the bird! let me know if you plan on doing a similiar versioin:) xoxox

Tarnished Royalty said...

Thanks girls. I value your friendship ~ xoxo!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

First of all...our sympathies are with you and your family! What a blessing to know that you will see your father-in law again someday!

Love your rusty wire...who knew it could be so beautiful! We think both projects are darling!
Karla & Karrie

Unknown said...

Those are so beautiful. Who thought some rusty wire could be so pretty?

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Hugs and sympathy to your family.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

So sorry to hear of your father in law's passing....My deepest sympathy to your family....
I adore your rusty wire creations! You are really clever and I just LOVE rusty wire!!! And, thanks for stopping by...you always leave such kind words and I truly appreciate it....Have a great night..
Take care, Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...