Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ode To Ribbon

It's true, ribbon plays a role in our lives that is uniquely sublime (yes I did have to look that word up in my dictionary to make sure I was using it correctly!).

Though it has a myriad of uses, I can't think of a single one that is related to the mundane, sorrowful or hated. Its silky curls are at the same time beautiful and useful.

It has been a part of my life since I was a little girl, tying back my hair into pigtails and ponytails.

Earlier still, it has graced the newborn caps of our sweet little heads just minutes after entering the world.

From moire to grosgrain, the saturated colors and textures inspire me. My very favorite will always be velvet.

Some of my stash...


Snowed in today and busily tagging treasures for this weekend's event. That is, if we can dig out and make it there!

3 comments:

Marysol said...

Beautiful post about some of my favorite things too!

Your ribbon arsenal is far more impressive than mine. I tend to only buy one big roll at a time. And even then, I choose a neutral shade, mostly because I'm afraid of color. It's true. I'm a wimp.

In any event, I hope the weather will cooperate for you, this weekend.

Jane said...

I hope you had a wonderful event this past weekend. I had hoped to make it down but I was out of town most of the week on business and I spent the weekend catching up with stuff at home. Read your earlier post about being a grandma again! Congratulations!!
Jane

HeatherBlü said...

I love your collection.....
Ribbons are one of my weak points too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...