Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blooms & Views, #4 ~ Late-blooming Peonies?

The truth is, these peonies were in bloom a few weeks ago, but it's taken me till now to post the pics.

This is the view I see from my north-facing living room window.


Cant-cha just smell the fragrance?



We have 5 nice size peony bushes, each of which blooms like crazy in the spring. But for years they were hidden in a shady wooded area on our property, unbeknownst to me, where they remained straggly and barren. A couple of years ago I remarked to hubby how much I loved peonies, and he showed me the little patch of growth-stunted stragglers that he had known about all along. At my request, we immediately transplanted them into sunny spots. Since then, they've quadrupled in size, and, to my delight, produce the most beautiful blooms.

4 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

So sorry to read about Sneakers. We had a ginger cat (15 years old)named Pixie who died this time last year. It is so devastating when it happens. My husband and I weren't ready to have another cat but my daughter who is an only child was missing the company so in January this year we adopted 2 kittens. Sneakers certainly was a beautifuk cat.
What beautiful peonies, mine failed miserably in our garden. Too much rain I think. There are such beautiful flowers!
Take care
Isabelle x

Stephanie said...

I bet they smell wonderful. Peonies are so pretty.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Beautiful!! Love both picture - peonies are one of our favorites! Our mom took one of her mom's from her home & it is a gorgeous dark pink/plum!

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Your peonies are so beautiful. We have quite a few in our garden and I love to cut bouquets for the house. Their perfume equals none.

Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...