Monday, July 27, 2009

Promise not to laugh...

Oh go ahead and laugh ~ I did! Back from my first fly-fishing experience and it was everything I hoped for and more. Here I am in my chest waders.

Not only were they not pink, they resembled an oversized paper bag made of heavy, scum-green rubber. They were neither comfortable, nor cute, but despite my fashion-starved surroundings where the only bling to be found were the beaded nymphs dangling from our fishing line, I can actually say I had a good time. Standing in the stream for hours each day had sounded like a bit of a chore to me before going. But the air was so fresh and the spring so cool and peaceful that the hours passed without even noticing.

By the second day I had perfected my cast and I even caught a fish!


One of G's catches.

And the 6-hour road trip home was dotted with several
small-town antique shop stops where I found my best catch (I'll save that for another post). I can't say that I'm totally "hooked", but I will definitely go again the next time my husband invites me along.

2 comments:

Shab-n-Chic said...

I love it! You look so relaxed and what sweet memories you made with your hubby that day. Looking forward to seeing your other catch of the day.

Amy said...

How cute you are! love these images of you and your hub !!! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...